March 19, 2020
Dear Fairhaven Families:
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this very difficult time. We realize that changes are being made often and we are trying to communicate those to you as quickly as possible. We are all in an uncharted situation here regarding COVID-19 and we are having to review and update our plan often. The following measures were in place by March 19 and will remain in effect indefinitely:
- All large group activities such as church, chapel, hymn sings, concerts, etc., are canceled.
- The fitness center and exercise room are closed.
- No visitors will be allowed in the health center and supportive care except in end-of-life situations. Independent visitors will be allowed only if approved ahead of time to be essential (enabling Residents to remain independent).
- All trips, including Walmart, are canceled unless medically necessary.
- The gift shop is closed.
- The beauty shop will operate differently. Residents should contact Stephanie regarding any appointment they may have.
- THE MAIN ENTRANCE IS THE ONLY ENTRANCE THAT WILL BE UTILIZED.
- Independent Residents may leave the facility – although we highly discourage this. They will be required to re-enter via the main entrance and go through a screening process.
- Residents may not visit other Residents who are in a different level of care.
- All Haven Residents will have their meals delivered to their rooms unless it is medically necessary for them to receive supervision.
- Families may not do their Resident’s laundry here at Fairhaven. Families or Residents may arrange a time through our main office for staff to carry laundry to and from a vehicle. Or, Fairhaven can do their laundry for no charge during this time only.
- Hospice personnel are not allowed to enter on a day-to-day basis. They will be able to do their every-14-day updates and to enter in case of an emergency.
- Residents who live in Supportive Care and the Health Center may not leave the facility for other than medically necessary reasons.
- We will begin offering ways for our Residents to communicate with loved ones via Skype, FaceTime or other ways until the visiting restrictions are lifted.
- Welcome Inn and the Cafe will be closed until further notice.
- Duplex Residents (Fairlaners) may not enter the main building until further notice unless they are approved and determined to be an essential visitor.
We realize these changes are difficult for all of us. We have the duty and responsibility to protect the most vulnerable population from COVID-19 and we take this very seriously. We respectfully request that you support these decisions with your loved one and please let us know how we can best serve you during this difficult time.
Jeff Reierson, Executive Director
Chris Hintzsche, Assistant Administrator